We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the visitors/users of our platform (the “site”). This policy establishes how we treat your personal information, and covers any version of the BisManOnline platform (desktop website, mobile website, mobile application, related websites/applications, or any other future version of the platform).
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the site (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, site navigation) to give you a better user experience;
- information that you may provide to us for user registration;
- information that you provide to us to subscribe to our services and email or other communications;
- information contained in any messages sent using our message service;
- information in any email or other message sent to us for user support;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Publicly available user information
As a registered member of BisManOnline, the following specific pieces of information are available to both registered members as well as public anonymous users.
- Your Screen Name
- Your City / State
All other information including phone number, email address, address, etc. is kept private by our system unless you choose otherwise.
2. Cookies and third-party advertising
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the site for creating better recommendations and user experiences. We will use session cookies to follow how you navigate the site. We will use persistent cookies to enable the site to recognize you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiration date. We use these cookies to better serve you with the kinds of content that we feel may be of interest to you.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and collect information when users visit our site. These companies may use general information (not including personal information such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements on our site, other websites, and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. Blocking any cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal information
- administer the site;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the content you see;
- enable your use of the services available on the site;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email or other notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site.
Where you submit personal information for publication on the site, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with your chosen settings. Personal information that you submit for publication on the site will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your explicit consent.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5. Security of your personal information
We use reasonable technical and organizational precautions to protect the privacy and security of your user account information, and any other information that you store or transmit using our products and/or services.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers, which are hosted by a reputable third-party hosting service. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we can make no representation or warranty with respect to such data security.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the site).
6. Policy amendments
7. Third-party websites
The site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
8. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can access and modify the information you provide us and choose not to receive certain communications by signing in to your account.
931 S. 9th St.
Bismarck, ND 58504